Vice President, Compliance (Wealth Management)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is a leading financial institution company with a solid foundation for significant growth and investment in Asia. They are currently looking for a dynamic and team-orientated individual to join their Hong Kong compliance team.
- Assisting with the drafting, review, updating and implementation of Compliance policies and procedures in alignment with regional and Group policies
- Keeping updated on banking-related regulatory developments within APAC
- Implement sales conduct monitoring program for timely identification and rectification of distribution compliance risks
- Lead sales conduct investigation activities
- Performs specific statutory responsibilities (i.e. Anti-Money Laundering Officer) and liaises with the regulators, in cooperating with and properly responding to regulatory inquiries and investigations, reporting matters, etc.
- Advising relevant businesses and support functions on new and proposed regulatory requirements, provide relevant training where required
- Assisting with maintaining regulatory relationships with relevant regulatory bodies
- >5 years of Compliance experience preferably within Insurance /private banking/wealth management
- Strong knowledge of regulations, specifically those relevant to Insurance/Private Banking/Wealth Management, e.g., SFC, IA and HKFI, etc.
- Confidence in or direct experience dealing with regulators
- Detailed understanding of life insurance/wealth management as well as the regulatory environment
- Strong commercial focus and sound business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal ability to manage relationships with all levels