Vice President, Team Head, Customer Due Diligence - Business Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Through Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support and services to businesses in the SME market. From expanding overseas to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Product Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Vice President, Team Head, Customer Due Diligence.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of Know Your Customer Case Managers to support the Know Your Customer Activities mainly through customer calls, desktop search and references to internal information for the Portfolio Managed segment to ensure output are in line with regulatory, compliance and internal standards and fit for purpose
- Resources planning to ensure overall team productivity will be maintained
- Control and oversee the overall output quality of the team and constant coaching to ensure team members have enough job knowledge
- Timely escalation to next level supervision on unresolved issues
- Act as business champion to work with the different levels of Financial Crime Compliance to ensure end to end efficiency and effectiveness in the Know Your Customer Activities
- Track and monitor the process and end conclusion of Know Your Customer Activities for management control and oversight
- Share best practices within and among Portfolio Managed teams and internal working partners on Know Your Customer
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Business Management, Finance or Accounting with relevant years commercial experience in the area of relationship management and or service quality management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commercial acumen required for rapport building with customers and internal staff
- Excellent analytical ability and strong writing skill for quality delivery management report
- Close to market and obtain up to day industry knowledge, market intelligence and product awareness
- Strong awareness in compliance of regulations, internal guideline and standards
- Able to plan, organize and drive through results under conflicting priorities and pressures
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Sound knowledge of Commercial Banking products is a must
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000907I
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited