Wealth Management - Head, Business Risk Management - Director
Position Overview Details of Division and Team:
Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management business is one of the largest wealth managers worldwide. We offer our clients a broad range of traditional and alternative investment solutions, as well as comprehensive advice on all aspects of Wealth Management. As a trusted partner of wealthy individuals and entrepreneurs, family offices and foundations, we create lasting value for clients. We specialize in developing bespoke solutions for our clients around the world, for instance wealth planning across successive generations and international borders, asset management with individual risk management, loans and deposits. All this is possible thanks to our global network, our many years of experience and our close collaboration with the Corporate Bank, Investment Bank and DWS. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and well-being at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Supplemental Savings Plan on top of mandatory social security
- Full range of commercial insurance coverage, including delegated private hospital
- Online family doctor consultation for both employee and family members
- Employee Assistance Program for both employee and family members
- More than 18 days of annual paid leave, plus public holiday and flexible working arrangements
Your skills and experience
- Leading a team of 17 Credit Officers located across Hong Kong, Singapore and Mumbai, provide risk coverage for private wealth clients based in Asia ex-Japan.
- Manage credit portfolio across LOMBARD and liquid assets within agreed loss target portfolio for the region. Enable growth of APAC Wealth Management Business in a controlled manner
- Work with First Line of Defense and other Infrastructure divisions in managing non-financial risks to private wealth clients. Liaise with clients and participate in client meetings on credit related discussions.
- Engage in complex credit structure discussions with Coverage, Legal and Compliance. Involve in decision making, risk analysis, approval conditions and to exercise credit authorities.
- Analyze global, regional and local market events and their impact on the portfolio of counter-parties managed
- Liaise with Global Head and escalate matters to broader Risk divisions as and when appropriate
- Provide leadership in guiding the team to align with global Wealth Management objectives. Support global risk appetite and risk initiatives to enhance risk framework and to improve efficiency.
- Stay on top of all relevant regulatory requirements, policies and governance. Ensure Self-Identified Issues are logged, no significant or repeated (external / internal) audit findings.
- Identify talent and facilitate career progression within team via training, promotion, internal motilities
How we'll support you
- 10 years+ relevant experience in credit analysis in major International Financial Institutions
- Solid knowledge in financial analysis for corporates and dealing with corporate finance transactions
- Good grasp of risk dynamics of financial products and derivatives (Forex, Swaps, Options, Strategies) in respect of key Private Banking activities
- Regional counter-party experience preferred
- Familiar with regional/international financial markets and legal & regulatory issues relating to cross border lending transactions
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal skills) with an ability to write concise reports
- Have an open mindset and respects challenging views from different stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and an independent decision-maker with ability to support or defend conclusions.
- Team oriented, flexible, diligent, self-motivated and willing to set example to junior teammates
- Ability to work effectively with wide range of cultures / personal styles and to establish strong partnership with front office staff
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.