Workforce Planning Specialist - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Workforce Planning Specialist
. Principal responsibilities
- The successful candidate will partner key stakeholders to understand the delivery roadmap and the resources required to deliver against that plan. You will then own and manage that resource plan, ensuring that it is tracked against agreed budgets, location strategy and delivery milestones.
- You will ensure cross functional teams have the right balance of permanent employees, fixed term contractors and third party vendor resource, located in the right place at the right time, with the right skills to deliver at pace against agreed objectives. You will make recommendations and follow up on actions to ensure commitments are met.
- You will provide regular data extracts and reports to stakeholders, ensuring that utilisation and productivity is tracked and costs are managed in line with the Annual Operating Plan.
- Working collaboratively with partners in the Digital Finance and Vendor Management teams to ensure the appropriate level of governance is demonstrated.
- Obtaining the necessary funding approvals, initiate recruitment activity and support the onboarding processes.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- You will have demonstrated strong analytical and numerical skills and have the ability to maintain accurate data, reporting this in a number of formats. You should be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability and confidence to challenge senior management, influencing decisions and negotiating successful outcomes.
- You will have worked in an operational planning and management environment, with specific experience in workforce planning, resource provision and headcount cost management.
- Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same. A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business or operating plans which consistently deliver desired results.
- Experience working within a digital transformation or software development team, preferably within the financial services sector is preferable.
- Past experience of implementing tools and processes for the effective management of people resources.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.