Accounts Receivable Collections Vice President - BDP
Description About this role
The AR Collections team provide a single point of contact and are accountable for all aspects relating to debt management ($1.8 billion per annum) for separate account clients across EMEA and AMRS legal entity activity, including debt chasing and recovery, payment processing, client money adherence and management reporting whilst ensuring outstanding client service.
The role being recruited for will be responsible for the Budapest AR Collections team which will be a team of 9 personnel. The role will report into the MD Global Head of Client Service Integration and Reporting & Distribution services based in Edinburgh.
As a global leader, BlackRock's principles advise and drive our efforts, including: We operate our business with a fiduciary mentality, passionate about putting our client's interest first; We are passionate about our work and intensely focused on performing at the highest levels; We challenge ourselves and each other to collectively raise our game; And, we focus on continuous innovation to bring the best of BlackRock to our clients.
- Plan and manage a team responsible for debt management and client money adherence ensuring timely and accurate debt recovery and processing and adherence to policies and procedures
- Partner with global peers to implement a consistent, scalable and controllable operational platform
- Build positive relationships and work close and collaboratively with internal partners to improve debt management and reduce credit / regulatory risk and ensure adherence to client money regulations
- Demonstrate risk awareness and focus on delivering a robust operational control framework focused on client deliverables including review and validation of monthly metrics
- Drive the global CIDS mission through a tailored local strategy
- Partner with APG and P&E to build-out strategic requirements through platform automation for the Aladdinisation of AR Collections
- Build a customer-centric team culture relentlessly passionate about customer success and user delight by emphasizing proactive user engagement and pushing the drive for digital self-serve solutions
- Highly technical and curious talent
- Work closely and collaboratively with functional with key partners across CEM, APG, Finance, CASS and Client Business & COOs to execute business priorities in the region through a globally consistent and locally relevant approach for tech, process & talent
- Build and constantly develop knowledge of the Business Operations' functions and keep current on major activities being undertaken and challenges and successes that are being experienced
- Be an operational leader with vision within CIDs and GCS
- Leading talent and mapping out career paths for personnel and ensuring diverse hiring and succession planning
- Be a key contact for FCR / Internal & External Audit and RQA
- Experienced in Financial Technology, Consulting or Buy side firm, with strong understanding of financial markets and investment management and ideally debt management and processing
- Senior leadership experience in an operational role preferable with global responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of operational processes
- Risk orientated mentality ensuring governance and key controls are in place and evidenced
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, sets priorities and can work independently as well as with a global management team
- Empathy and an outstanding ability to understand customer needs; passionate about client service
- Tech first approach and curiosity; experience solving problems through technology
- Meaningful work experience leading large teams in client support or financial services
- Experience managing people and leadership skills, with the ability to encourage and engage junior talent; prior experience building or re-vitalizing a team from the ground up is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborate-first approach
- Experience with, advance levels Microsoft excel, scripting, visualization tools, programming languages e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA and SQL, is desirable
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.