Agile Coach, Agile Transformation Program
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
See job description for details
Agile Coach, Agile Transformation Program
The role of Agile Coach is a unique opportunity to join the new and exciting Agile Transformation Program and have an outsized commercial impact on the Firm-wide adoption of Agile/DevOps at one of the world’s premier financial services firms, Morgan Stanley. You will work closely with highly motivated teams, as well as senior product owners and stakeholders in both the business and technology, to ensure successful outcomes for Agile program participants. You will be a thought partner, a change agent, and above all, a role model and teacher. If you excel where vision, innovation, and a passion for constant improvement are critical; if you enjoy working with teams to realize their best; if you are a life-long learner, a critical thinker, and a strong team player, then this could be your next career.
Agile Transformation Program
Morgan Stanley has embarked on a Firm-wide Agile/DevOps initiative to transform how Business and Technology collaborate to deliver value with greater alignment, speed, and productivity. The Agile Center of Excellence was established, with sponsorship and focus at the highest level, to develop this transformation strategy through guidance, governance, training, enablement, and culture change.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
· Experienced and respected practitioner of Agile: not just a Coach but a Player, with the credibility that comes from having experienced Agile adoption first hand
· Passionate and articulate teacher of the “how” and “why”
· An influencer, with strong persuasion skills and ability to encourage behaviors
· Hands-on leader with track record of high-quality delivery
· Change agent and culture carrier
· An excellent communicator with great people skills
· A passion for continuous and ongoing experimentation, learning and improvement – someone who takes personal satisfaction from seeing teams learn and grow
· The courage and experience to challenge and advise senior leaders up to C-level executives
· Active follower of industry trends, a voracious consumer of Agile thought leadership, blogs, community activities, and other sources of insight
Qualifications and experience
· 3 years’ experience in an Agile leadership role – such as Coach, Scrum Master, or Product Owner, in which you can evidence significant commercial impact
· 5 years’ experience in a customer facing, hands-on delivery role, working with or within Agile teams to deliver significant business value
· A track record of training and coaching teams and individuals at various levels
· A track record of applying Agile and DevOps approaches, practices, ceremonies and techniques through experimentation and improvement; a library of lessons learned which you call on to inform the right approach for each new situation
· Broad knowledge of Agile approaches such as Scrum and Kanban; Agile techniques such as story mapping or big room planning; DevOps concepts such as Continuous Deployment or Behavior Driven Development; and approaches for Agile at scale, such as in portfolio planning and dependency management – combined with a deep expertise in one or more areas
Responsibilities: Provide hands-on coaching
· Work 1 on 1 and in group settings with team members and stakeholders to embed Agile mindset and practices
· Provide training, lead teams through Agile practices and ceremonies, and transition into an advisory role as team maturity grows
Influence and change behaviors
· Model the appropriate Agile behaviors and act as a role model and culture carrier for the organization
· Influence stakeholders’ Agile behaviors through direct feedback and guidance, and coach leaders to champion Agile leadership behaviors at all levels of the organization
· Tailor Agile principles for each team, regularly assess project maturity and provide action plans for improvement
Be a thought partner; challenge as needed
· Work with team members including Product Owners and business stakeholders, to overcome adoption challenges and ensure success; for example to keep focus on business KPIs, or to brainstorm solutions
· Push squads’ thinking and challenge them as needed; for example if prioritization is not based on business KPI-based criteria
· Work with the Product Owner and squad members to preemptively surface, escalate and address obstacles
· Encourage and facilitate cross-silo collaboration
Build our organizational expertise
· Improve Agile practice across the Firm and feed thought leadership back into our Agile Operating Model, playbook and tools
· Contribute to documentation, training, best practices and knowledge capitalization
· Coach and mentor new joiners to become effective Agile coaches