Description About this role
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $10 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
Our Budapest center is growing dynamically so there are always exciting new opportunities emerging.
We are seeking a daring individual to join the Research and Analytics team within iShares®; the world's most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products
What makes our team special
You should be
- We have the freedom to choose our tools and technologies. We use open source, industry standard, up-to date technologies
- Even though we are a tech team we have the opportunity to learn about our business domain and what is our impact on clients
- We are responsible for delivering projects end to end, including planning, architecting and coding
- We take innovative and commercially relevant ideas, prototype rapidly, and commercialise them
- We deliver complete solutions because we consist of finance professionals, researchers, quants, computer scientists, data analytics engineers and UX designers.
- We work closely with colleagues across the globe (San Francisco, London, etc)
- We are highly sought after to solve data and analytically intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways.
- We value open communication and eagerness to learn and share!
Required Skills and Experience
- Keen to take ownership of your work, while enjoying the full support and assistance from the entire group.
- Always thinking about the big picture. As a server side developer, you enjoy thinking about user experience, business analysis or database design.
- Curious about your profession. Keen to learn and keep up to date
- Striving to deliver business value and selecting the appropriate technology to match that objective.
- Seeking to deliver quality and attention to detail, be it design, coding or code reviews.
- 2+ Java
- Desire to write high quality code
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Working command of SQL
- Strong interest in learning finance
- You value and embrace collaboration both within our team, and throughout BlackRock.
- Interest in database design
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot and related technologies
- Experience in clean code, code reviews and TDD
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages, preferably Python
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Greenplum or similar databases
- Experience with any NoSQL databases
- Experience working in a LINUX environment (Shell)
- Working financial knowledge and/or previous experience in a financial company
- Experience in crafting REST APIs
- Experience with microservices and cloud technologies, such like Docker and Kubernetes
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.