BlackRock - EMEA ETF COO Risk & Controls Associate
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's ETF and Index Investments (EII) business, is the leading index investment engine in the world. We help investors build better portfolios with the industry's leading suite of index investment tools. We enable them to replace individual securities, to take short-term market views, to invest cash rapidly, to execute more efficiently than swaps, futures or individual bonds, to take long-term core positions and to construct efficient portfolios. We are the best in the world at building and managing efficient index tools for our clients. We serve every kind of investor: pensions, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, asset managers, wealth advisors and individual investors. Job Purpose/Background:
The EMEA ETF and Index Investments (EII) COO team are responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the EMEA EII business. The activities the team are accountable for are structured across three key pillars:
Run: core business management including headcount management, expense discipline and talent strategy Protect: robust governance, risk management and controls Transform: leading strategic cross-functional projects to protect and grow the franchise including new business opportunities and regulatory change implementation.
The team has a broad remit and we work closely with all teams in EII including Global Markets, Product Engineering, Portfolio Management, Product Development, Equity & Fixed Income Investment & Product Strategy, Portfolio Analysis & Solutions, Business Strategy, Sales and Marketing.
We also partner with a range of internal groups across BlackRock such as Compliance, Legal, Tax, Fund Accounting, Operations, Finance, Technology, Regional Management, Country & Distribution COOs and Global EII Management.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and energetic, with the ability to work across multiple initiatives and teams simultaneously. This role requires an ability to work with broad range of partners and stakeholders to navigate a global and highly matrixed organization. Key Responsibilities:
As part of the EII EMEA COO team the successful candidate will need to be highly organised and possess the ability to operate in a resourceful manner, demonstrating strong execution and communication skills . The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Support the COO team to deliver the 'protect' pillar strategy and the execution of a robust control and conduct environment.
- Plan and prepare meeting materials for the EII EMEA Platform & Operating Risk Committee (P&ORC), take meeting minutes and follow-up on action items.
- Produce the key metrics scorecard for the P&ORC.
- Own the simplified policies & procedures library, keeping up to date on firmwide changes including an annual simplified policy refresh.
- Support the COO team with proactively identifying and managing risks to the business, then develop & implement related policies.
- Support the delivery of cross-functional projects which are aimed at accelerating growth, driving scale, creating operational efficiencies and mitigating risk.
- Self-starter who is comfortable navigating a matrixed organisation and collaborating with a broad range of internal stakeholders and partners.
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset with effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships effectively.
- Flexible and responsive with a keen attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to effectively manage projects, results oriented and able to 'roll-up the sleeves' in order to accomplish necessary tasks.
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a team-orientated environment.
- Interest and understanding of the financial markets.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work across teams
- College / University graduates with a background in finance or similar fields.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.