See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Team Profile
The team develops and maintains IT systems that enable the Secured Financing business. Secured Financing provides a cost-effective and flexible way of raising capital for the Firm and is responsible for a significant portion of the Firm's total cash need. We have a strong, distributed agile developer team located in Budapest, London, Tokyo and New York with around 25 people in total. The team works on major strategic initiatives for the Firm. There is a good deal of collaborative team work both within the team and with our clients (Financing Operations) and other IT groups within the Firm. We work in 2-weekly iterations; some proportion of working from home and flexible working hours is available. Primary Responsibilities
- Server-side Java development working as part of a large Agile developer team
- Liaising with senior team members and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed
- Developing functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed.
- Working with team members and our partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to Production.
- Continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary. Qualifications: Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of Java, primarily within server-side development
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming
- Experience using relational databases (SQL)
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams Skills Desired
- Business knowledge of repo, securities lending or collateral management or other financial software development
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and XML
- Agile development practice
- DB2 experience
- Full stack dev (Angular and Typescript)
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.