Data Operations Analyst - BDP
Description About this role Team Overview:
Data Operations and Solutions is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process. The function serves BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. This team closely partners with key internal teams, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The Data Ops and Solutions philosophy is anchored on BlackRock's cornerstone principles: Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, the unified purpose of One BlackRock, taking Emotional Ownership and Being Committed to a Better Future. Through this lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to build outstanding solutions. Our function has presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $25 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for a client base spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets. Responsibilities Include:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Publish index risk information through Aladdin investment platform and ensure high quality data is delivered in a timely manner for investment management decisions.
- Investigate and resolve complex and intricate issues and perform ad-hoc analysis of large data sets while meeting tight deadlines.
- Understand risk analytics of fixed income, equity and alternatives products to help our clients and portfolio managers interpret portfolio exposures, strategy, risk and returns.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally. Address inquiries and resolve problems from clients and internal BlackRock partners.
- Initiate and drive Index platform improvements to support new business needs, minimize risk, and enhance quality.
- Bachelor's Degree is required, with preference to business fields such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical skills Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem solving approach.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Great teammate able to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast paced environment.
- Have flexibility regarding their work hours.
- Knowledge of SQL, UNIX, or Python would be a plus; desire to expand technical expertise preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.