Data warehouse developer
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We have an opening in the electronic trading team that looks after the Morgan Stanley Fixed Income trading and pricing platform. Morgan Stanley traders use this platform to price and trade these bonds & securities on multiple platforms in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. We look for a strong technologist interested in working with Core Java and Linux server-side environment. Basic C++, Perl, and strong analytical skills are also highly desirable. The role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter-term business focused development on this trading platform. The main focus will be to deliver increased automation to the trading desks and expand pricing and analytical capabilities into new business areas. You would be expected to gain expertise in several components of this platform and take full ownership of your projects from requirement gathering to roll-out.
- Advanced level knowledge in one common programming languages like Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Willingness to work with exotic, functional programming language a Linux server-side environment
- Interest in big data and data analyses
- Development experience including design patterns and building modular/clean code
- Good problem-solving, result-focused, can-do attitude, and strong focus to keep the business running and competitive.
- Good communication skills in English and ability to work in a team.
- Databases, Python/Perl scripting
- Interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required).
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.