Financial Markets Advisory Generalist - Vice President
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services too institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organsiaiton is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer The excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
About Financial Markets Advisory:
BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (“FMA” or “Advisory”) group provides counsel to financial institutions, regulators, and government entities on their most critical and often most complex financial issues. The broad set of capabilities within FMA seeks to combine asset expertise and capital markets knowledge with practical, results-oriented consulting and advisory skills. The group typically works with senior management at top financial institutions, official institutions and market intermediaries and utilities around the globe, with a focus on their balance sheet and capital markets exposures as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory and operational challenges.
The FMA group was established in 2008, to address the unique challenges that arose globally as a consequence of the financial crisis. Since its founding, FMA has completed over 500 assignments for over 225 unique clients in 31 countries. The FMA team is regularly called upon to address our clients’ most unique challenges. FMA provides financial, experiential, educational, and promotion opportunities to attract, retain and develop some of BlackRock’s most outstanding talent. We presently conduct our activities through over 250 professionals located globally, principally in London and New York with office locations in Athens, Budapest, Charlotte, Dublin, Frankfurt, Gurgaon, Milan, Washington and Zurich. The FMA group operates behind an informational barrier separating it from the firm’s traditional portfolio management activities. This creates a conflict-avoidant environment and further serves to protect client data and proprietary information.
We are seeking a motivated candidate to join our FMA team as an Vice President. Associates in the team work closely in a team environment to develop and implement solutions that address our clients’ business needs. Our client base includes some of the largest, most sophisticated financial institutions in the world, as well as government institutions across the globe, providing our Associates with diverse and challenging work experiences.
Assignments within the group range across each of our key five practice areas:
- Strategic Consulting
- Financial Institutions
- Official Institutions
- Transaction Support
The Generalist would assume the following responsibilities:
- Advising clients on high-profile mandates in the financial industry on complex issues with regards to strategy, balance sheet, markets, risk, regulation, system-wide policy, transactions, etc.
- Acting as a project manager for our client mandates and across internal teams
- Working in close partnership with engagement managers, practice area specialist, generalists and business development team
- Preparing presentations and reports for pitching new business and communicating project results
- Performing quantitative analysis and problem solving in support of client engagements. Mentoring of junior team members to facilitate their continuous learning and development
- Contribute to BlackRock’s fiduciary culture of providing the highest quality service to our clients
The role is based in Budapest with the opportunity to travel and support clients throughout Europe and Globally.
We are looking for people who are:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from other
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
You should have:
- Proven relevant experience in management or technology consulting services or background in banking / financial services
- Understanding of the European financial sector and its challenges
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking with dynamic, engaging style and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, the candidate should have the ability to confidently explain complex problems and content to broad audiences both internal and external
- Experience with complex client relationships, assessing needs and taking an innovative approach to developing solutions; prior strategic and ‘solutions-oriented’ account experience desired
- Skilled at influencing results through others without necessarily having formal authority and capability to build solid relationships with cross-functional partners
- Proven track record of success in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Collaborative, partnership-oriented spirit, ensuring overall business success
- Fluent English a prerequisite. Fluency in additional European languages is an advantage
- This role will provide significant opportunities for the successful candidates to develop both their quantitative and qualitative analytical capabilities across mul
tiple issues at the top of the agenda of financial institutions and regulators within the EMEA region
- The role will offer material opportunities for candidate ownership and responsibility of key areas of client deliverables
- The role will require frequent presentation of mandated output to clients and, as required, participation in the drive to secure new client mandates
- This role will provide scope for the candidate to develop their experience directing, mentoring and developing junior team members
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.