Information Security Officer
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Interactive Brokers Group is one of the leading global brokers with a well-established technology driven culture. We have selected Budapest, Hungary as the future headquarters for our Central European business and are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial people to help launch what we expect to be one of the Group's leading operations. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain IT security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in line with the Group policies and assist in their implementation.
- Participate and provide consultancy for all internal and external IT security related audits.
- Develop and manage cost-effective security programs and solutions to protect data and IT assets.
- Proactively monitor IT security industry developments and advise technical and business personnel on implications for the company.
- Investigate the root-cause of security incidents, create incident reports and take all necessary actions against future occurrence.
- Proactively provide technical assistance and advice to the System Administrators and Software Developers for their specific IT security related issues.
- Make recommendations to management regarding the selection, use, management and development of security tools and methodologies.
- Participate in security risk assessments and develop and maintain a risk register.
- Conduct risk assessment of vendors and third-party service providers.
- Participate in security awareness and training initiatives.
- Contribute to security initiatives at the Group level.
- Actively participate in the elaboration/implementation and updates of disaster/recovery and business continuity plans.
- Carry out periodical security penetration tests, simulate attacks to test the efficiency of security measures
- Manage all relationships with IT security vendors for vendor accountability and security effectiveness.
Qualification & Skills
- Inform and advise employees about obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with your data protection polices, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits.
- Advise on, and to monitor, data protection impact assessments.
- Cooperate with the supervisory authority and be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc).
- When carrying out their tasks the DPO is required to take into account the risk associated with the processing you are undertaking. They must have regard to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing.
- At least 5 years of broad Information Security and/or Technology Risk Management experience.
- Prior experience in at least one of the following technology areas:
- Application development
- Network engineering or operations
- System administration
- Close familiarity with common security frameworks and standards, including NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO/IEC 27001:27013
- Working knowledge of risk management methodologies.
- Good team player, communicator, structured and analytical problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Hungarian are a must; any other language is a plus)
- Candidates must have an EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Hungary
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in working within MNB guidelines is an advantage.
- Holding information security certifications like CISA, CISSP, CISM will be considered an advantage.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 ) For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info