Java Developer, Associate - Global Investment Operations
Description About this role
BlackRock is currently seeking a Java software engineer
to join a development team embedded within Global Investment Operations (GIO). You will be developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally. You will work closely with business users in Budapest and other BlackRock offices to develop service orientated workflows across GIO's functional areas: Trading & Market Documentation, Transaction Management, Collateral Management, Payments, Corporate Actions, Cash & Asset Operations, and Securities Lending Operations. BlackRock's technology teams are:
You like to:
- Passionate about technology, and love to solve complex problems.
- Building solutions for both BlackRock and over 100 client organizations also using the Aladdin ecosystem.
- Working with leading technologies such as Java, Maven, Camunda, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, and a host of other languages and open source technologies.
- Operating in an agile environment.
- Committed to open source, and love contributing back to the community.
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation.
- Work in a culture of openness, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels.
- Work closely with users, designers, developers and product managers to translate imaginative designs into working prototypes.
- Understand the business you support, and work closely with users to design, develop & create innovative solutions.
- Solve complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a focus on process optimisation, data, & technology.
- Foster strong relationships with your colleagues and clients based on a culture of collaboration and service.
- Operate in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and work as part of a global team.
Interested? Hit apply! Our benefits
- 4-8+ years hands-on experience developing complex enterprise software systems.
- BA/BS in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- An ability to translate real business problems into technical solutions
- A track record of forging strong relationships and building trusted partnerships through open dialogue and continuous delivery
- Knowledge and experience adhering to software development best-practices including test driven development (TDD), unit testing discipline, agile development and CI/CD strategies.
- Experience working with teams across different time-zones and countries
- Strong OO skills and design patterns knowledge and implementation experience using one or more object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, Python)
- Advanced knowledge and experience developing and working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, SqlServer)
- Experience building cloud-native applications is a plus
- Experience developing using an open-source, lightweight & modern BPM solution such as Camunda is a plus.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.