- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Tech (IST) is a global team which develops enterprise systems in support of Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group, including Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. The Equity Sales, Trading and Risk (ESTAR) group within IST provides technology solutions focused around the Equity Derivatives Business. This role is within the Derivatives Trade Capture Practice Area with the key focus on implementing trade capture and trade lifecycle management applications for our traders and their support teams.
Morgan Stanley's Equity Derivatives Business is continuing a programme to build on the strategic global processing platform for vanilla and exotic OTC equity derivatives and structured notes, in order to support the continued expansion in product range and volume. This encompasses pre-trade pricing, workflow, trade capture, lifecycle, affirmation, confirmation, collateral management and settlement.
The system is a complex distributed global platform with a rich C# (WPF) user interface, communicating with a backend primarily written in Scala and Java. Additionally, HTML5 is used for new UI components. It has the enviable position of being central to much of the Firms OTC client-focused sales and trading activity, both as an application in its own right and also as a service hub for many of the other systems supporting the key OTC and securitized business flows.
This is a unique opportunity to join a key part of a fast growing regional team. Available opportunities include UI (C#/WPF) and Server (Java/Scala) specialists, as well as for full stack developers.
- You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer
- You will support different phases of the product lifecycle including analysis, development and testing.
- You will develop new and existing components. Previous commercial experience is required, with an openness to develop your skills more widely.
- There is an opportunity to influence the HTML5 strategy for the team.
- The role will involve constant interaction with business users, analysing and gathering requirements.
- You will join the Budapest office in Hungary.
- The role requires good collaboration with members from the wider, global TX team, as well as neighbouring systems in Pre-trade and Risk.
- Experience of Java, Scala or C#/WPF
- Experience in automated testing
- Openness to learning new technologies
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly and a desire to work in a financial business.
- Exposure to agile development practices including TDD, continuous integration and SCRUM.
- Some Python experience.
- Functional programming experience.
- Knowledge of financial products.
- Able to speak Hungarian fluently.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.