L3 Ops - Virtualization Operations
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Virtualization Operations L3 team is responsible for day to day support of the virtualization plant and also acts as the highest escalation level of operational support. The infrastructure we support houses a high number of production servers and trading applications in correspondence with efforts to host applications on a virtualized platform rather than traditional hardware solutions.
We are looking for a System Administrator to track incidents and outages through to resolution and within SLA as well as to work with global teams on new deployments and optimization of the global infrastructure.
- Create and improve documentation of procedures and tooling
- Manage daily hygiene audit work and RCA for system failures
- Work closely with a global team of engineering and operations SMEs on integrating new, emerging technology solutions.
- Provide on-call and weekend support for project work and incidents
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot and address complex problems in these environments / technologies (VMWare technologies such as ESXi, vCenter, DNS, DHCP and Networking, Linux OS, NAS and SAN, Hardware)
- Effective written & verbal communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate with clients, partners, and peers at all level of the organization (external and internal alike)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Familiarity with Windows OS, Linux clustering technologies like VCS
- Perl or Python programming
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.