L3 Ops - Web Operations
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Technology & Risk (ETR) is a global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
The Windows Web Operations Level 3 team is part of the Enterprise Computing organization within Morgan Stanley. The team has presence in several cities globally, including Budapest, and is focused on supporting a Windows-based IIS hosting platform on which the business can deploy a range of .NET applications for internal as well as external clients. You will integrate into the global follow the sun operations model, which translates to global responsibility for the aforementioned technologies in the respective regions. Team members frequently interact with engineering teams and collaborate on the testing and certification of software deployed to the platform.
- Support large number of web-based applications in an enterprise environment providing cloud-like experience for developers
- Use network tooling to address connectivity issues, fault analysis, failure avoidance, and the diagnosis and resolution of any other functionally impacting issues in distributed systems environments
- Work with in-house application management systems designed to simplify deployment and management of distributed applications in the firm. Users can model an application system using the system's relational data model, control and monitor applications over the network via a GUI console
- Drive process improvement by methods such as automation and scripting
- Work together with L2 teams and other L3 team members internationally
- Write technical documentation
- Deep understanding of Microsoft IIS 7.5 or above
- Experience working in Windows Server 2008/2012 environment
- Excellent understanding of internet and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Strong internet infrastructure product knowledge in Windows
- Experience in enterprise-level web-hosting environment
- Ability to handle outage/incident situations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and high-pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Can communicate effectively with various user groups, e.g. developers and engineers, as well as remote team members
- Have administrative competence in at least one major programming language or platform (for example Powershell, C#, Perl)
- Strong understanding of security protocols, e.g. SSL/TLS, Kerberos
- Comfortable with administration of Unix/Linux
- Driven to learn about new technologies and techniques
- Experience operating in large enterprise environments
- ITIL knowledge
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.