Legal Documentation Analyst
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Fixed Income Division BU – Data Capture Risk Management Team intermediates between Clients Sales and Trading and other relevant departments such as Legal, Risk, Credit Operations and Finance to resolve client issues and to facilitate trading in a risk sensitive way, by ensuring we have the required legal documentation in place, due diligence and, required quality checks performed, trading accounts set-up and linked correctly and firm databases are updated and maintained. Our remit is cross divisional and multi-asset class. The typical products/services we cover are: Interest Rate & Credit and Equity Swaps, FX, Prime Brokerage, Commodities, Listed, Financing (Repo and Stock Lending).
The role includes reviewing and reporting on legal documents, maintaining and controlling data integrity in our systems and ad hoc data mining exercises.
- Identifying and reviewing jurisdictional legal advice using industry-wide opinions, internal and external counsel legal advice, summaries and legal databases covering a variety of topics;
- Updating and maintaining netting enforceability information in our database which feed risk and collateral systems of the Firm;
- Auditing and reporting on the database entries and statuses; data mining exercises within existing firm applications, analysis and presentation of findings;
- Reviewing and reporting on content of trading agreements and implications of the content from netting enforceability perspective;
- Participate in projects relating to data cleansing and risk management;
- Participate in elaboration of manuals and process flows.
- Solution-orientated mindset with ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, yet able to multi-task
- Solid Microsoft Office abilities (‘Power User’), quantitative & analytical skills
- Interest in business and law - acquired either by experience or academic training
- Fluency in English - both verbal and written communication
- Willingness and ability to provide quality service to the Firm's clients, promote, and enhance Morgan Stanley franchise.
- Interest in technology; systems development and process improvement
- Routine in basic Microsoft Excel
- Interest in legal matters and legal documents
What we offer
- International environment and future career opportunities within our division
- Possibility to learn about the financial markets, OTC products and global regulations
- Participation in major, global projects related to regulatory changes which have been re-shaping the financial industry
- Welcoming and inclusive environment, strong corporate values and work ethics
- Extensive training offerings
- Active social life, the possibility to join employee networks such as charity, women, family or wellbeing.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.