Loss Forecasting and Stress Testing Risk Analyst – Credit Risk Management
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
See job description for details
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley’s risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley’s capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst/Associate to support the Stress Testing/Loss Forecasting team within the Credit Risk Department, based in Budapest. The successful candidate will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team that encompasses extensive interaction with loan origination and loan sales & trading front office as well as other control groups.
· Analyze and identify potential vulnerabilities of the Firm based on loss projections under different financial scenarios
· Work closely with model design and validation teams to detect and improve weaknesses in risk models
· Collaborate with New York and London based stakeholders, communicating results to senior management
· Manage innovative projects related to data analysis, visualization, and process automation
· Coordinate as necessary with other functional groups within and outside risk management
· Solid academic background, preferably with a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
· Strong interest in markets, risk models and financial products, with a special focus on lending and derivatives
· Attention to detail and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects
· Ability to build good working relationships across a number of different areas and regions
· Ability to handle and analyze large datasets in Excel, additional fluency in software and languages, such as MatLab, R, Python, VBA or SQL is favorable
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Working proficiency of the English language is a must
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic, fast growing team
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3107455 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.