Market Risk Analyst
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
See job description for details
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process. As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Credit Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an Analyst/Associate to join Market Risk Department team within the Market Risk Portfolio and Stress Testing Team, based in Budapest.
The role involves working with desk-facing risk managers with a particular focus on Counterparty Market Risk. It includes a diverse range of risk management responsibilities and provides exposure across the sales and trading area as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
- Identify and provide independent oversight and control of all market risks across the Credit Complex
- Continuously monitor the financial markets and measure the impact on MS’s portfolio.
- Daily review of Identified and measured risks within risk feeds to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Daily monitoring of exposures and risk sensitivities against approved limit framework
- Conduct detailed risks analysis, highlighting both direct and indirect vulnerabilities in the portfolio.
- Ensure risk metrics, such as VaR and other regulatory / economic capital measures are capturing the relevant risks and are responding appropriately to changes in the risk profile
- Prepare materials for and brief senior management committees on risk trends and material risk issues
- Respond to regulatory or internal requests for risk information
- Respond to and remediate issues raised by internal audit, risk process validation or regulators
- Sit on various working groups and committees to ensure key projects are completed
- Manage projects to ensure new initiatives or enhancements are implemented timely and accurately
- Coordinate as necessary with other functional groups including risk analytics, operations, risk reporting, regulatory and capital groups.
- Excellent academic background, preferably with a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering
- Strong interest in understanding broad spectrum of risk areas covered in Fixed Income and including knowledge on markets, models and derivatives products
- Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects
- Ability to build good working relationships across a number of different areas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of Excel, VBA and SQL
- Highly organized, with close attention to detail