See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
Are you interested in how mathematical models help the business? What could be the risk when we use these models in the financial industry? You will gain insight into global model risk management. We offer:
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in teamwork You will:
- Review, test, challenge and independently implement pricing and/or stress test and/or risk and capital models
- Produce written model review reports
- Conduct on-demand analyses of model performance
- Participate in the model control and model risk management processes of the Firm Qualifications: You have:
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or a related quantitative field
- Genuine and broad interest in financial markets and derivatives; internal drive to effectively challenge and improve models with quantitative methods
- Clear thinking, good business sense and judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interest in programming in a high-level language such as R or Python You might also have:
- Experience with pricing models used for derivatives and securities, or with Basel capital and liquidity rules
- In-depth knowledge of mathematical finance, derivative pricing, option theory, and numerical/quantitative techniques for derivative valuation
Team Profile: The Model Risk Management group is part of the Global Risk Management department of Morgan Stanley and it has global responsibility for the independent risk control, review and validation of models used by Morgan Stanley. These include pricing models for derivatives in all product areas (i.e. interest rates, FX, equities, commodities, credit, and securitized products), as well as models used for counterparty credit risk (CVA), market risk, operational risk, wealth management products, and capital and liquidity stress tests. Model Review professionals are located in New York, London, Mumbai and Budapest, and they work closely with business quantitative strategists, risk managers and financial controllers. The Budapest team works closely with other members of the Model Risk Management group on model issues across all asset classes globally.
About us: Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.