See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees. We offer:
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices in the City Centre that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
The Morgan Stanley distributed systems engineering team manages a network analysis infrastructure focused on providing application to network level analysis using passive network sniffing technology combined with a vendor solution. Network analysis engineer will be part of a team responsible for the solution, partnering with the network engineering team, and working closely with teams responsible for application troubleshooting. This position will be focused on analyzing trends of Layer 2 through Layer 7 performance issues for our internal Morgan Stanley application customers and building automated instrumentation for critical platforms. It will also be responsible for automating configuration management, extraction of data to external products such as Kafka, and potential alerting from this network analysis infrastructure. The solution will focus on the use of a commercial product (Extrahop) for this implementation, along with various other existing tools where additional information may be stored. Qualifications: You have:
- Solid understanding of enterprise-networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, WAN optimization technologies, and so forth
- 3+ years of Proficiency with Unix and databases, as well as working knowledge of Python.
- Solid understanding of enterprise-architecture concepts: 3-tier architecture, high-availability/disaster recovery (active-active data centers, redundant switch stacks, and so forth)
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- Understanding and familiarity of network topology, configuration of devices, network routing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Protocol-level understanding of how various software components involved in enterprise service delivery interact: web servers, application servers, databases, web services, mainframes, network attached storage You might also have:
- Hands-on experience with passive network monitoring: mirror port configuration (especially Cisco SPAN, RSPAN, and VACL configuration), network TAP installation, span aggregators, and so forth
- Familiarity with the network and application monitoring space a plus
- Experience analyzing packet captures (wireshark) a plus
- Experience with Extrahop and Splunk a plus Team Profile:
We have a globally distributed team of infrastructure engineers and software developers. Our main focus is to provide tools for various technology organizations to help maintain stable and performant applications with minimal downtime. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking,
securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling,
Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.