Product Strategist – Analyst
- Not Specified
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organisation is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyse, reinvent, and enhance how we work; all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Our Product Strategists are a critical component of our investment success. They are product specialists who play a central role in offering clients and prospects connectivity to and information on the investment process. The portfolio management teams rely on Product Strategy to convey their investment decisions to the market and our clients. We are building a Product Strategy team in Budapest that will serve as the hub of the team’s production of timely and effective marketing collateral, product presentations and response to client inquiries. This means working directly with one or more Product Strategy teams globally, across locations such as London, New York and Hong Kong. This role is specifically working within our Active Equities business.
- Closely follow global markets and be up to date on events and movements
- Liaise with Portfolio Management and other Product Strategy teams
- Perform analyses to help position funds/strategies
- Prepare and maintain portfolio review decks, ensuring these meet compliance practices
- Build and support reccurring reporting templates using BlackRock technology
- Maintain product pitchbooks and other standard client collateral such as factsheets, updating central content libraries where necessary
- Assist with ad hoc requests (e.g. performance analytics / attribution, bespoke reporting)
- Update/draft RFPs and RFIs
- Gather and report flows and performance
- Build and maintain database reports (Morningstar, eVestment, FactSet)
- Help enhance existing processes with new ideas/automation and developing best practices across the global Product Strategy platform
- Maintain and send daily internal reports (cheat sheets, fund daily performance, etc.)
We are looking for people who are:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from others
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem
You should have:
- BA/BS required with degrees in quantitative, finance or economics disciplines preferred
- CFA, MBA, IMC and/or FRM or a desire to pursue these is welcome
- Desire to learn Investment Management industry
- 0-3 years of professional experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; additional European languages are a plus
- Strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency around deadlines and an ability to multitask
- High proficiency in Excel, with ability to manipulate data in a spreadsheet (knowledge of macros is a plus) and PowerPoint, with ability to create appealing slides for clients/investors.
- Ability to effectively combine outputs from different sources of technology/systems
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.