Python Platform Developer - Investments, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Associate
Description About this role Python Platform Developer - Investments, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Associate
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a world-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. At nearly sixteen thousand employees located across the globe spanning 135 investment teams in more than 35 countries, BlackRock touches every corner of the finance industry. BlackRock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm and has around $6.2 trillion of assets under management. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Introduction to Multi-Asset Strategies and Client Portfolio Solutions
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) encompasses a broad range of investment strategies crafted to deliver outcomes more consistently than can be readily achieved through a single-asset class investment. The platform brings together over 30 years of expertise and 240 investors across distinct investment teams to capitalize on various sources of return and target distinct investment outcomes such as growth, income, absolute return and lifecycle investing.
The Multi-Asset Strategies group sits alongside Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) which is the investment area passionate about delivering custom whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions. CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers (CCIOs) offering multi-asset expertise and being responsible for the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These specialists are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock's real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience. Our team is comprised of specialists in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF, Index, MAS and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance. Who we are
The Core PM team is responsible for a wide array of portfolio management responsibilities across MAS and CPS. The team is made up of 39 portfolio managers organized globally with strong regional alignment to reflect different investing centres of expertise. The team's primary responsibility involves partnering with the CPS, Models, Global Tactical Asset Allocation, Income and Diversified Strategies teams in managing global, multi-asset portfolios held by institutional and individual retail investors. The Core PM team works with CIOs and researchers on portfolio construction and new business design, contributes to investment research, handles all aspects of implementation, and drives enhancements across the PM operating platform. Key Responsibilities
You will be working with the global Core PM team to enhance the technology and analytical tools available to portfolio managers to drive scale, platform and process improvements, and enhanced investment controls. This is a new role within the Core PM team and you will have a particular focus on:
- Innovating in the way we use data and technology in our portfolio management and investment decision-making processes
- Driving scale & automation within our team through the development of automated portfolio management workflows & analytics using Aladdin's core data and analytics engines
- Facilitating exceptions-based monitoring of portfolio positioning, risk and performance
- Establishing best practices in code development & review, as well as encouraging the adoption of coding solutions across the team through engagement and education.
- Collaborating with BlackRock technology partners to contribute to developing the business' technology infrastructure supporting portfolio management activities
- Developing connectivity with the broader group of Budapest based professionals in the MAS, CPS & BII teams to support cross-team initiatives on portfolio construction, manager blending and client servicing.
- Contributing to research initiatives related to multi-asset portfolio construction, implementation alpha and other investment topics
- Strong technical & programming skills essential
- Python software development experience required, including use of Git or other professional code repositories.
- Experience accessing and visualizing structured data sets using SQL and tools such as Tableau highly desired.
- Experience working in portfolio management, risk, analytics or related roles strongly desired
- Understanding of quantitative investment research and portfolio management, optimization techniques desirable
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment.
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with a proven ability to innovate.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task across a wide range of activities
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.