Real Estate Transactions and Portfolio Planning Manager EMEA
- Not Specified
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
About the company
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
At BlackRock we are building something great in Budapest, our new global technology and Innovation hub, where we want to shape a culture in which challenge, development and innovation happen every day. Our mission as an organization is create a better financial future for our clients and BlackRock Budapest will enable this, through a relentless drive to make ourselves and our communities better. We are a diverse bunch of people who like to analyze, reinvent, and enhance how we work, and all in the pursuit of a better experience for our colleagues and clients. We offer the excitement to be a founder in a start-up with the security of a global, leading organization, where you will find innovation and inclusion are our competitive advantages. There are limitless problems to solve and opportunities for learning and development, alongside a team of clever and caring colleagues. Our culture is one of respect, challenge and stretch and we expect and value feedback. We believe that people reach their best potential when the different facets of their home, work and community are all cared about. We will have a fun, fast paced work environment located in cutting edge facilities, with competitive and innovative benefits, and the ability to define your role, pursue your aspirations and shape your future within Hungary and beyond.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Real Estate division (GRE) integratesReal Estate Transactions and Portfolio Planning, Capital Projects and Facilities Management to facilitate full service delivery for workplace for the firm.
The Real Estate Transactions and Portfolio Planning team manages the global portfolio for all locations utilized by BlackRock. This includes offices, data centers and business continuity sites in 31 countries. Included in the function are real estate strategic planning and transaction management / coordination.
Main focus is in real estate transaction management for EMEA from project inception through lease negotiation and execution. Position reports directly into the Global Director of Real Estate Transactions & Portfolio Planning. Role involves interaction with key stakeholders, business leaders, management of outside vendors, partnership with groups within TES, as well as finance, human resources, sourcing and vendor management and risk, to name a few.
- Partner closely with GRE and TES colleagues and business partner clients in the acquisition and disposition of facilities, coordinating activities with the appropriate management and staff functions within various groups / locations
- Work with in-house and outside legal counsel, as needed in preparing all required documentation relating to any transaction
- Effectively negotiate lease terminations, amendments and extensions as needed
- Coordinate lease activity from project initiation through the final execution of all legal documents working with different internal and external groups, insuring open communication and responsiveness from team members
- Ensure proper documentation and documentation trails for all transactions is in place
- Review and comment on all aspects of a real estate transaction including brokerage agreements, RFPs, LOIs, Leases and any related Amendments.
- Ensure proper project close out, including the updating of the lease database
- Track current lease contracts and manage process for critical date actions and utilization analyses
- Preparation of cash and P&L financial analysis
- Engage real estate agents/brokers as necessary
- Resolve landlord and tenant disputes
- Investigate budget over runs and create variance reports when necessary
The chosen candidate will have a leadership role in managing the EMEA portfolio. The position includes partnership with various business units throughout the firm on projects including agreement on final recommendations up through executive approval. The ideal candidate will embrace an entrepreneurial environment with the willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing corporate real estate transactions in EMEA
- Demonstrate ability to successfully manage multiple real estate related projects with delivery of timely and quality results
- Ability to negotiate effectively on lease transactions for both cost benefit and tenant favorable legal terms
- Background in managing vendors and negotiating contracts with established relationships in the regions
- Strong ability to understand, interpret and abstract lease language
- Keen understanding of CAM, Operating Expenses, Service Charges, Real Estate Tax Escalation, VAT
- Proven track record of successful real estate transactions with high customer satisfaction
- Strong financial/analytical background with proficiency in Microsoft office applications with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare high level presentations and transaction summaries for senior executives
- Ability to multi-task in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, project management, and people skills with the ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to complete projects with remote oversight
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization and management
We are looking for people who are:
- Curious: You like to learn new things and have a healthy disrespect for status quo
- Brave: You are happiest outside your comfort zone
- Passionate: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
- Open: You value and respect input from other
- Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
- Geeky: You want to outsmart the problem.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.<
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.