Record to Report Manager
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Albemarle Corporation
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Record to Report manager is responsible for overseeing Accounting, Controlling, Fixed Assets and Intercompany activities for Americas and Europe, managing and coordinating the relevant teams.
- Accountable for the global monthly closing cycles.
- Oversees the global month end close process including setting of month end calendars, building, operating and monitoring a system that assures compliance, quality and timeliness of closing tasks completed, escalating critical issues to the appropriate channels for resolution, and leading close meetings.
- Ensures team’s work product complies with US GAAP and company policies.
- Oversees, reviews, and assists in the timely preparation of financial reports with respect to accounting functions, including monthly financial statement preparations and reporting.
- Plans, directs, and implements financial reporting projects including system conversions, new software implementations, and SOX compliance.
- Serves as owner for Blackline Financial Closing module to drive an efficient month end close process. Ensures tasks and dependencies are properly identified and mapped and backup structure is appropriately built and maintained.
- Serves as escalation point of contact for Stakeholders (Controllers, Consolidations, Tax, Treasury, other SSC functions, etc.) for RTR inquiries.
- Supports continuous process improvement opportunities and execute upon those opportunities.
- Supports expansion of responsibilities within the Shared Service Center.
- Assures Partnering Principles and Service Level Agreements with the stakeholders are in place and maintained properly and the services are in line with the content of the Agreements.
- Reviews metrics compiled for areas of responsibility, provides analysis of trends, and recommends remediation plans for areas that are not meeting established service level obligations. Coordinates regular stakeholder metric reviews.
- Liaises with internal and external audit for walkthroughs, testing, rationalization and harmonization of controls.
- Successfully manages a team of 30 through leadership layers (team leaders, team coordinators).
- Manages performance and development cycle for staff, including setting goals, completing performance evaluations, development reviews, and managing work schedules.
- Facilitates long term workforce planning, succession management, and compensation for the team.
- Interviews, hires, orients, trains, motivates, evaluates, disciplines, and when necessary discharges subordinate personnel.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement in control and cost in Finance transactional services.
- +8 years in finance or accounting post qualification with a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a leadership role in finance or accounting.
- Recognized accounting qualification. Chartered Accountant is a must with audit exposure.
- Experience in working in a shared service environment is a must.
- Proficiency in English language is a must.
- Experience in working in a complex management structure, influencing cross functional stakeholders to achieve a positive outcome is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of Record to Report end to end business processes and dependencies with Requisition to Pay, Order to Cash and other finance functions is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills including collaboration, influence, strategic thinking, and concise communication. Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate across functions and various levels of the organization.
- Stakeholder focused, organized, flexible and results driven. Ability to cooperate in a team environment. High degree of adaptability to change is required.
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications.
- Good working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Working in a SOX governed environment is a plus.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls not appreciated.
Keywords: vacancy, fulltime, Budapest, Record to Report Manager, controlling, accountancy, financial manager.