Regulatory Data Analyst
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realise the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Legal Entities Group (LEG) is a global group within Morgan Stanley’s Operations division with offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Budapest.
- Customer database management (i.e. creation of newly acquired customers in the core system of Morgan Stanley and maintenance of the records of existing clients).
- Liaising with the Business Units and Stakeholders to obtain all necessary information
- Collection and refresh of certain documents obtained per regulatory requirements
- Providing status reports and escalating issues to management, as appropriate
- Enhancing and maintaining written procedures
- Updating proprietary systems with information / documentation obtained
LEG partners closely with the Compliance and Risk Divisions and groups within Operations to help the Firm’s Business Units comply with certain regulations that involve data and/or documentation requirements.
Meeting regulatory requirements is a critical part of the Client on-boarding and maintenance process and the Legal Entities Group plays a prominent role in it.
The main focus of this role is to be an active part of the Client On-boarding, Doc and Data Refresh or Other Regulatory Control team, with learning and applying all applicable regulatory programs and performing the necessary control functions.
- Bachelors’ degree
- High level of English knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding attention to detail and analytical ability
- Good computer skills, quick adaption to new systems
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to perform under pressure or in changing environment
- Ability to interact effectively with others across departments, regions and time zones
- Proven client relationship and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Other foreign languages advantageous
- Project experience advantageous
- Previous employment in a global organization is a plus
- Experience in the financial industry or equivalent background is advantageous
- Knowledge of Morgan Stanley clients and products and of the current regulatory environment
- Awareness of capital markets products
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.