See job description for details
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
What aspects of life are not subject to risk? Are you a risk taker or a risk averse? As a risk manager, in our Budapest Risk Department, you will be at the centre of our business. You will gain insights into the risk data infrastructure as well as deepen your business knowledge while contributing to improve the data quality of the Firm. We offer:
- Inclusive and welcoming international environment
- Continued professional development and versatile projects to work on
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- A competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus You will:
- Build strong internal network/relationships across businesses and control functions
- Conduct gap analyses for regulatory compliance
- Identify areas for improvement in process and data management
- Engage risk coverage teams to identify and resolve risk data authority , sourcing and quality issues
- Liaise with data quality working groups across the Firm on pertinent issues
- Strategic project work; guidance of project working groups
- Senior management reporting and presentations Qualifications: You have:
- Understanding of risk management concepts and financial products
- Strong communication skills
- Academic achievement in a relevant discipline
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum of three years of experience at a financial institution or consulting firm, preferably in a risk, operations, finance, compliance or regulatory function
- Experience in Data Governance. Knowledge and exposure to US, EMEA and UK financial regulations including BCBS 239 and Basel III pertaining to risk data aggregation/reporting would be a strong plus. Team Profile:
The role will reside within the Morgan Stanley Risk Data & Strategy (RD&S) team within the Firm Risk Management's (FRM) COO function. RD&S is responsible for the development of data standards, governance, and the monitoring of the Risk Data Domains to evidence compliance with Risk Data Policy and the BCBS 239 Principles. RD&S provides strategic partnership across Firm Risk to enhance Risk Data management. Additionally, the team is responsible for facilitating complex data issue investigation across a number of the risk domains, actively working on remediation and advising / providing input in the development of solutions for cross risk process efficiency. In partnership with the Data Center of Excellence, the team is responsible for creating and maintaining the Global Risk Data Policy, and for reviewing proposed country, legal entity or risk domain specific Risk Data policies or procedures to ensure congruency and alignment across the plant.
RD&S seeks an Associate for a Budapest-based Risk Data & Aggregation assessment role. The selected candidate will be part of a team focused on enhancing and maintaining our Basel 239 (aka RDA) Framework, including methodology, rating model, and metrics. (S)he will be part of a team focused on designing and performing continuous monitoring to track Firm’s overall compliance with RDA principles and ensure that risk data aggregation capabilities and risk reporting practices are consistent with the Firm’s policies. This entails administering assessments, consolidating and analyzing responses, producing findings, prioritizing gaps, and proposing remediation. As required, the candidate would also partner with Internal Audit and Independent Valuation teams on audits and validations of RDA components and collaborate on internal self-assessment processes for RDA. (S)he will also assist with the development of updates to the regulators (FRB, OCC, and PRA) on BCBS 239 compliance and remediation efforts, maintain the RDA SharePoint site, and develop and maintain RDA policies/procedures and inventory. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modelling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city centre.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.