Risk Process and Data Validation Associate (Credit & Market Risk) in our Risk Management Department
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Background of the Team
Risk Process Validation Group is an independent validation and verification function across the several areas of Firm Risk Management (FRM) – Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk and Operational Risk. The team is focused on assessing the integrity of processes within FRM, as they support Basel regulatory risk-based capital calculations, the Allowance for Credit Losses for Credit Risk and Market Risk, regulatory requirements for Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR), the Advanced Measure Approach (AMA) for Operational Risk and assessing ongoing compliance with the Global Operational Risk Management Policies.
· Independent validation, review of design and operating effectiveness of select Market Risk, Credit Risk, and CCAR processes and controls
· Support execution of governance, risk assessment, process review and validation, monitoring and reporting
· Assessing ongoing compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
· Design and execute core data and data quality testing; reviewing and challenging automated controls and reporting logic
· Interface with key stakeholders, governing bodies and business partners
· Partner with other teams to support a unified validation program end-to-end
· Contribute to improving the team’s validation methodology and execution capabilities
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in a quantitative field such as finance or economics
· Four to six years of financial services experience
· Experience with core banking, investment and trading products
· Strong risk, process and control validation/testing/auditing skills
· Excellent communication, analytical, risk management and program management skills
· Strong technical understanding of the financial services regulatory environment , with a focus on Basel principles
Skills desired (not mandatory)
· Prior role or studies with Banking Credit and/or Market Risk
· Prior role with consulting or internal/external audit experience
· Familiarity with Excel VBA and SQL
What do we offer to you?
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Our philosophy is one that offers flexibility and balances personal lifestyles. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3096399 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.