Risk Reporting Junior Analyst
The Credit Risk Analyst I is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job. Responsibilities:
- Individual will be responsible for working as part of a team responsible for measuring, monitoring and controlling Risk.
- Monitor client portfolios to ensure that risks (primarily contingent market, counter-party and liquidity risk, but also documentation, legal and reputation risks) are controlled.
- Perform regular client risk reviews incorporating market risk portfolio analysis (Stress Testing) as well as suitability and appropriateness of risk and margin policies.
- Work with Business and Independent Credit on aspects of counter-party risk such as sizing of limits, analyzing sample portfolios, approving collateral requirements and negotiating credit terms in legal agreements
- Set up and monitor client clearing risk on a real-time basis by using pre-trade limits, intra-day initial margin and Profit & Loss limits, and overnight limits.
- Communicate results of risk and margin analysis to senior management, Sales and with clients as well.
- Build real-time risk infrastructure for futures to provide better service and improved risk management for both clients and the firm.
- Develop and utilize risk management tools for the measurement, monitoring and management of clients' exposure. Perform standard daily and weekly analysis as well as customized risk analysis.
- Prepare presentations and documents for internal and external use on various topics including describing the functions of the Risk Group, margin methodologies, and summarizing risk issues.
- Analyze Control Environment including periodic review of the control environment, vetting of new systems, processes, policies and procedures associated and related to market and/or credit risk.
- Represent the department to various and internal and external Credit officers, auditors, Clearinghouses, industry groups and regulatory agencies on market risk and control issues.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Thorough analytical skills with good attention to detail and a demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical issues through quantitative modeling and assimilation of data into a working product
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams from Business, Credit, Operations and Compliance excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound risk and business judgment Stress testing and instrument modeling skills desirable.
- Good communicator.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .