Senior java developer
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Equity Risk System (ERS) group's main focus is a company-wide equity derivative risk and pricing plant (RiskViewer) that is used in all trading centers by traders and risk managers. RiskViewer enables trading decisions and risk management by near real-time calculation of value and risk measures of firm positions.
- You will be senior technologist and lead of the Derived Data team in Budapest, responsible for making and driving technology solutions around real-time creation and distribution of risk and pricing data for the firm?s Equities business
- Initially the role is likely to have a hands-on aspect to it as the business and systems are complex in nature. Once comfortable with the systems, you will transition into a technical lead role, taking broader responsibility for team delivery.
- You will be working on the existing platforms, predominately core Java and traditional RDMS Systems (Sybase), although a transition is underway to migrate to a new technology stack based on the MapR distribution of Hadoop and Akka
- You will be interacting with colleagues from technology and strat teams globally to clarify requirements and formulate solutions.
- You will likely have experience managing a technology team including some line management responsibility
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technology background in core Java with an understanding of threading, concurrency, object oriented design and relational databases
- Strong communication skills and are a team player
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system and likely a scripting language, possibly Python or Perl
- An interest in financial markets
- Motivated and ambitious individual looking for a challenge and have a strong track record of delivery
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.