Sourcing and Vendor Management Associate
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Oct 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Sourcing and Vendor Management’s (SVM) three main objectives are: to ensure BlackRock gets the best value from the annual spend through its vendors, to engage and actively manage its external vendors in a consistent manner and to ensure it manages the risks associated with buying services. The Sourcing team has the need for a highly analytical Associate in Budapest to support in the HR category.
- Develop and implement key sourcing strategies and utilize eRFX to deliver value and savings for the firm.
- Proactively identify, prioritize and manage the pipeline of strategic sourcing projects for the Sourcing and Vendor Management team, including appropriate management level reporting and tracking.
- Own the full strategic sourcing cycle, including vendor identification and selection, price negotiation, and contract “red-lining” (editing) for HR related services.
- Manage/audit core supplier oversight processes, including score-carding, tiering, risk management and performance improvement for vendors.
- Develop and deliver continuous improvements in the quality, cost, delivery and support of services.
- Resolve issues relating to supplier performance or deviations from original work estimates.
- Superior analytical skills – as evidenced by a strong track record of successful analytical decision-making. Successful candidates can provide examples of “critical thinking” that demonstrate superior quantitative and analytical capabilities, and the ability to translate analysis into tactics and results.
- Strong communication skills – as evidenced by examples that demonstrate an ability to influence others through oral and written presentations. Successful candidates are able to persuade, motivate and compel support for key ideas and initiatives by delivering clear, well-structured presentations.
- Negotiation skills – as evidenced by successfully shaping the decision-making process in situations where there are competing objectives. Successful candidates have solid negotiation experience and are comfortable representing BlackRock’s interests in interactions with vendors and other counter parties.
- 7+ years of analytical, Sourcing/Procurement experience.
- Procurement experience with MSAs, SOWs and SLAs across HR and/or other Professional Services categories of spend.
- Proven ability to manage issues to resolution, negotiating compromises for overall business benefit when required.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and vendors.
- Minimum of a business degree or equivalent.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.