Stress Testing Analyst - Risk Management
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
The Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from the Firm’s business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the Risk Management Division, the Market Risk Department identifies, measures, monitors, advises, challenges and controls market risks generated by the UK Group market-making and banking activities.
The role involves working with desk-facing risk managers with a particular focus on stress testing and scenario analysis. The dynamic nature of the role involves improving existing as well as building new processes and capabilities in market risk stress testing and provides exposure across different Risk functions as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
The role resides within the MRD Stress Testing function, and will be focused on governance, documentation, preparation of presentations, regulatory compliance, and Risk ID. The ideal candidate will have experience in market risk management, strong knowledge of financial products. ( and familiarity with FRB, OCC and SEC regulations.) This candidate will ensure that the stress testing documentation are per internal and regulatory standards and best practices, up to date, and effective in communicating the modelling and business risks of the Firm. The candidate will be working with business facing Risk Managers, to identify the vulnerabilities within individual risk stripes. Through the course of on-site regulatory exams and internal audit exams, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating written responses to regulatory questions, coordinating internal audit exams and remediation, and preparing regulatory presentations.
- Document CCAR and other stress testing methodologies, narratives, business overviews, and procedures, for Trading, Counterparty and CVA businesses
- Maintain high degree of documentation standards per internal specifications and targeted to satisfy regulatory expectations
- Advisory role in design and implementation processes and procedures to ensure Stress Testing framework is compliant with new regulatory guidance and standards
- Liaise with team members, Technology, Strats, and Risk Managers to ensure all regulatory deliverables are met with sufficient evidence
- Ensure timely production of reporting for senior management related to regulatory exams and internal audits
- Ensure the timely and efficient preparation of the quarterly Trading and Counterparty Risk ID inventory. Set standards within Trading and Counterparty, aggregate results, effectively challenge risk descriptions, materiality assessments, scenario capture, and stress drivers
- You should have an excellent academic background, including a degree in economics, finance or statistics/mathematics
- You will be expected to show good judgment of risks and an understanding of risk areas covered, in particular Fixed Income, Equities and CVA, including markets, models and products
- Knowledge of SQL, R, Excel, Matlab and VBA would be beneficial
- The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and the Business Unit, therefore you must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally
- Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.