Stress Testing Analyst - Risk Management
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
See job description for details
The Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
Morgan Stanley’s Market Risk Department provides independent oversight of the Firm’s business activities, material market and idiosyncratic stresses; identifying, measuring, monitoring, advising, challenging and controlling market risks generated by the Firm’s market-making and banking activities.
The role involvesworking with risk managers with a particular focus on stress test implementation production and analysis. The dynamic nature of the role involves improving existing as well as building new processes and capabilities for the global stress testing framework, including key regulatory exercises such as CCAR It provides exposure across different asset classes and risk functions as well as with other control groups inside Morgan Stanley.
· Produce, verify, and ensure stress testing results are accurate, in our current stress testing infrastructure
· Work with IT, reporting and stress testing teams globally to implement new stress tests and build out new stress testing infrastructure
· Follow developments on financial markets in order to distil possible effects on current processes
· Analyze the results of scenarios and stress tests, using knowledge of markets and risk exposures to interpret results. Work closely with the Risk Infrastructure team and IT Teams, to ensure that key scenarios are produced on a timely and accurate basis.
· Build better reporting and analysis tools for explaining CCAR and other scenarios.
· Work with MRM Strategists and IT to implement and validate reliable and accurate stress testing methodologies for all products
· Suitable candidates will have an excellent academic background, including a degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, statistics/mathematics, sciences or engineering.
· Candidates will be expected to show good judgment of risks and an understanding of risk areas covered, in particular Fixed Income and Equities, including markets, models and products.
· The role involves working closely with several other areas including IT, Risk Infrastructure, Model Risk and the Business Unit, therefore the candidate must be able to develop strong working relationships and be able to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally.
· Attention to detail, project management and prioritization skills will be key in balancing daily deadlines with timely implementation of strategic projects.
· Strong IT skills are required to facilitate data analysis; competence with SQL, R, MS Excel and VBA is required
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and upload your English CV https://ms.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3113655 here .
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.