Technical Team Lead in Core Infrastructure Development (CID)
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
The CID team owns a large number of client facing and backend applications that are used by all Firm employees during their day-to-day activities, including but not limited to Exchange related tooling, global software distribution and configuration, user facing data leakage prevention tooling, e-mail productivity tools, operating system deployment and testing tools, various management systems for the Firm's virtual environment, and remote connectivity tooling.
- As a Technical Team Lead (Vice President), a successful candidate will manage a local team of 3-4 developers in Budapest responsible for design, engineering, development, and deployment of core operating system testing tools and remote connectivity / virtual infrastructure management related tooling.
- A successful candidate will also be responsible for hands-on development business critical features, and will be expected to lead the design process focusing on architectural changes, stability and performance improvements, and user experience tweaks
- The role also includes people management, with special focus on talent development and personal growth
- Hands-on experience with web services, APIs, and REST
- Hands-on experience with distributed, large scale, highly available systems
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Team City)
- Hands-on experience with SDLC, Agile, TDD, and various levels of automated testing
- Knowledge of design patters and anti-patterns
- PowerShell knowledge
- Experience with Citrix products (XenApp, XenDesktop)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Active Directory and LDAP knowledge
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture and containerization
Required Leadership Skills
- Excellent Global Communication & Coordination skills - Ability to clearly express (verbally and written) status, design, thoughts & ideas to varying audiences from junior developers to senior management & stakeholders across multiple regions in Asia & outside Asia including Budapest, London, Montreal & NY.
- Strong Collaboration mindset to partner with Global technology managers across Engineering, Product Management, & Operations and define short term and long-term strategy and goals based on functional & technical vision for end user computing products.
- Excellent Leadership and Management skills - must be able to coach, mentor, and inspire junior and senior Associates to efficiently drive short term and long term deliverables as well as apply appropriate judgment of when to delegate vs when to deep dive as needed.
- Responsible for project estimates, task management & balancing prioritization across multiple streams of development for applications owned by the team.
- Promote standardization of SDLC process including use of Agile methodologies, Task Management, Design & Coding Standards, Test Driven Development, Continuous Build & Delivery, and consistent dev processes.
- Reduce the effort of Production Support done by Development team with dedicated focus on completing handover to Operational support, reduction of technical debt, and decommissioning of legacy products.
- Responsible for people management, mentoring and career development process for the team including delivering performance reviews, travel, training, and recruiting.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals
drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.