Technology Team Lead, iShares
Description About this role
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? ETF usage is accelerating, and iShares is #1 with global organic growth of 20% and a 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone. However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. Perfect storm. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
The growing volume of clients holding iShares, and the increase in those engaging digitally, requires a new approach. We must evolve to a deeper customer experience, facilitating users through the purchase funnel, personalizing to their needs and fostering ongoing loyalty.
As we take a new approach for our clients, we are building out our team in Budapest and we're looking for an A-player to join us as a Team Lead Software Engineer.
Your future team is responsible for responsive web development, mobile and video technologies. They are working closely with user-experience and design team to review visual designs, developing and maintaining development friendly, valid client-side code for implementation on the all projects.
The team is using the following technologies:
- Java web application development (AJAX, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, XML, JSP/FTL).
- Test Driven Development (JUnit, TestNG, EasyMock, JMock)
- Angular, React, Node.js, Typescript
- Current graphic web-design applications
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 a plus
Your role and impact
As a Team Lead in an iShares Development Squad, you will be the core of iShares Budapest team:
- Working closely with the product owners to deliver against strategy
- Building strong relationships with key partners in iShares, WTE and Digital Marketing to drive strategic initiatives
- Collaborating with designers, overseeing front-end code and influencing the roadmap of APIs and microservices to ship product increments
- Work with project managers, technical leads, business owners, and analysts through the entire SDLC, understanding and refining systems requirements
- Understand existing systems, and project manage resolving operations issues while working with other engineering staff located across the globe
- Work with the global development team to create a technical solution tailored to client technology needs
- Work closely with user-experience and design team to review visual designs
- Manage solving client problems and communicate resolutions for existing systems
- Work as the Project Lead with server-side developers, test engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining front-end and user interface requirements
- Stay abreast of the new front-end web development technologies; manage integrating them with BlackRock's web sites to further enhance the usability and efficiency of the sites as necessary.
- 7+ years of experience managing teams and software engineering projects
- Experience and understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management disciplines, with an emphasis on Scrum
- Financial knowledge and interest recommended.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management abilities a must
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.