Trading System Operation Engineer
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 36 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Listed Sales and Trading team builds and manages some of the most critical trading platforms of Morgan Stanley. We need our engineers to be creative in solving key operations problems, understands the big picture, build and integrate tools to solve our unique problems. In working closely with our physical infrastructure team, our product support and development teams this role will have key architectural challenges to solve, including migration to hybrid cloud environment, automate deployment and monitoring of our systems.
Trading System Operation Engineer is an engineering discipline which combines all the activities to deploy, manage and scale our trading platforms. The team ensures that our systems run effectively, for both our internal users and external clients – in accordance with our SLA, facilitates fast rate of new functionality deployment while ensuring stability, capacity and performances.
- Improve whole lifecycle of our products – deployment, operation
- Work with development team on system architecture, services and APIs
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanism like automation
- Maintain services by building tools to monitor availability, latency, capacity
- Actively work to manage and reduce operational cost (hardware utilisation / deployment cost)
- Strong Knowledge of OS/Network principles
- Experience with software design principles and cloud computing
- Interest in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools, software orchestrations principles
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant
focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.