Unix DevOps Academy
- Budapest, Budapest fovaros, Hungary Budapest Budapest fovaros HU
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for motivated candidates who are keen to join our UNIX DevOps Academy starting autumn in Budapest.
At the Unix DevOps Academy, you will become a full team member from the very first day of joining to MS with all the benefits we provide. During the training you will learn about Linux (fundamentals, system administration, clustering and store management), Bash/Shell scripting and programming (Python) combined with extensive soft skill trainings, release and deployment procedures. During the last block participants will practice their skills in topics that are deemed to be essential for their future at Morgan Stanley.
After the 7 weeks long training programme you will become a Unix Specialist or a DevOps Specialist and take a role in our Infrastructure Application team.
Our infrastructure-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm’s networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm’s trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Engineering the Firm’s websites, managing the Windows plant and developing a client reporting delivery system.
After the training, you will join the Infrastructure Team or the DevOps team:
The Unix Operations team provides a stable and dynamic infrastructure platform and services to support business requirements while managing associated risks. The team serves as the highest level of escalation for the Level 1 Command Center and Level 2 operational teams. Provide level 3 escalation & on-call support for in house developed software and 3rd party products for a large global distributed environment. Team members frequently interact with engineering teams and collaborate on the testing and certification for new hardware and software products.
As a Unix Specialist your primary responsibilities will include
• Maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available.
• Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
• Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment
• Investigate root causes of incidents via problem management
• Execute operational and functional changes on the plant
• Work with engineering groups to deliver solutions for business requirements
• Work together with L1/L2 teams and L3 team members in other regions
• Work on improvements on incident and problem management procedures tools
The Algo Trading DevOps team work on front-office cutting edge trading systems. The Algo Trading Devops Team covers Europe and Middle East Markets and works closely with London application teams to manage and implement new services in areas including Real-Time Market Data, Algorithmic Trading, Exchange Connectivity, Client Connectivity, Trading Risk Controls.
As a DevOps Specialist, your primary responsibilities will include:
• Project manage the implementation and rollout of new services, upgrade of production services, system and applications
• Perform integration and regression tests, organize User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with end users and groups and provide feedback to development teams if applicable
• Design and create preventative maintenance functions including monitoring of logs, alarms, system performance, and capacity
• Perform software decommission, installation, upgrades in accordance with Morgan Stanley's Change Control Procedures
• Become a specialist on specific areas and provide consultancy and feedback to internal clients, developers and Project Manager
• Assist project managers with project management activities, including requirements gathering, planning, budgeting, resource planning and management, etc
• Perform Level 3 support activities and root cause analysis using Morgan Stanley's designated tools, processes and procedures
What we offer
• Full-time 7 weeks training programme especially designed for the Morgan Stanley Unix Academy participants
• A competitive salary and excellent compensation package from the first day of the programme
• International environment and future career opportunities within IT or other divisions across the firm
• Well skilled colleagues/Subject Matter Experts, strong corporate values and work ethics
• Professional employee networks (eg.: Agile group, security group, infrastructure automation group ,Dynamo innovation community)
• Active social life, the possibility to join employee networks such as sport teams, charity, women, family, diversity, well-being groups.
• Degree or at least ongoing/interrupted studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related science or engineering discipline
• 1-3 years of previous IT related experience
• Familiarity with any programming languages
• Strong interest in technology
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, good comprehension of data structures
• Communication level English and Hungarian language skills
The company may offer an intensive language training program for those technologists, who otherwise meet all the requirements, pass all the interview rounds (in this case held in both Hungarian and English) and their English needs some development.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.