- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
AVP – Quality Engineering
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Designing and reviewing test strategies and approaches for testing Moody's software. This includes design and recommendation of automated framework design and execution.
- Ensuring thorough coverage of high-risk areas of Moody's software utilizing test automation approaches such as combinatorial, data-driven approaches to testing.
- Maintaining and modifying the test automation frameworks.
- Reviewing vendor design and execution of test automation strategies and approaches within Moody's and driving improvements.
- Applying knowledge of programming and testing to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Reviewing test scripts or test documentation for a variety of financial applications, working with other testers, business analysts, product managers and developers to ensure adequate coverage for each software release.
- Recommending improvements in test approaches and strategies.
- Performing test automation code reviews to ensure adherence to Moody's standards and frameworks.
- Collection and analysis of metrics around QA practices regarding the testing process.
- Recommending and implementing process and strategic improvements in Moody's quality practices.
- Enabling the utilization of the test automation in a continuous integration test environment, and driving the adoption of early automated testing by the project teams.
- Conducting training sessions on test automation with staff within vendor QA organizations and in other departments.
- Making recommendations and striving for constant improvements to ensure most effective testing approaches.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in a technical field such as computer science or engineering.
- At least 5 years of test automation skills.
- Expert abilities in at least one of the following OO programming languages - C#, Java, Ruby.
- Expert understanding of computer programming and software development
- Expert understanding of databases, web services and UI DOM.
- Strong skills in SQL.
- Expert ability with Selenium.
- Expert ability with QuickTest Professional.
- Strong skills with SoapUI.
- Experience testing financial systems is a big plus.
- Experience working with test-driven development practices is a big plus.
- Experience managing large teams (5-10) of Quality Assurance staff in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge of automated testing tools and practices.
- Excellent skills with writing test documentation.
- Strong understanding of both manual and automated testing approaches, including implementation of automation frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Experience managing direct reports, both vendor and Moody's, and a background in addressing staff performance issues.
- Strong understanding of test metrics.
- Strong understanding of risk-based approaches to test design.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to train and mentor staff in the area of testing - both manual and automated.
- Ability to multi-task and display flexibility.
- Ability to lead other testers and work effectively - both in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to create and give presentations that illustrate test design and strategies.
- Knowledge of finance concepts and practices, an understanding of credit rating concepts preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.