Information Technology - Risk ApplicationState Street Global Advisors (SSgA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSgA makes continual investments in our asset management and client service platform, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation. Our investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of our more than 400 investment professionals and over 2400 employees around the world bring to every client relationship.
Thiruppathy Ramachandran - Assistant Vice President, SSGA
No. of years of experience
No. of Positions
Manager owns the project responsibilities to manage the project and the team along with providing high level technical guidance in the Risk Application. This role involves in providing development and support for the Risk Application with the team under him / her. Manager involves in working with business & counterparts to understand the business priorities, planning the project tasks, executing, monitoring, delivering the project and providing the exceptional technical support to the business.
The candidate should have sound management and leadership skills. He / she should bring out the best from the team and deliver consistently more than expected. He / she would have involved in all the phases of the project especially in a large scale application.
The candidate should also have good technical skills to guide the team in building and supporting the application end-to-end. He / she should be good decision maker and have the ability to execute the team independently.
The candidate should participate in resource recruitment to find the right candidates for the project requirements and keep the team motivated and control the attrition in his / her team.
The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills that foster close collaboration with various partners throughout the business and technology teams.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work and communicate with all the project stakeholders and business stakeholders
- Understand the business and IT priorities of the Risk applications
- Manage the process using Agile practice and leverage the lean techniques
- Manage the project development activities by creating project plans, estimation, executing and delivering the project on time to the business with the high quality
- Conduct scrum and status meetings
- Build the model to provide the exceptional technical support to the business
- Keep the team motivated and carry positive attitude, resolve any conflicts
- Provide the required technical guidance & support to the team
- Collaborate effectively with the counterparts and the business
- Keep the communication transparent and clear
- Provide plans and estimation of the development tasks assigned
- Ensure team meets the SLA on the technical support queries
- Prepare and provide the required management and project status reports and plans to the reporting manager / senior management / stakeholders
- Communicate effectively in verbal & written communications
- Be proactive in identifying and communicating the risks
- Collaborate and communicate well with the internal and global teams as required
- Provide ongoing support for level three production issues
Minimum Job Specifications
- 12+ years of professional experience in the IT Industry
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Sound experience in development and support areas in a large scale world class application especially in the finance industry
- Work experience as a manager owning the responsibilities of a single or multiple projects with the team size of 6 or more
- Good experience in practicing the Agile methodologies in the project
- Good experience in taking care of all the phases of the project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to liaise with the business, developers, QA, and operations
- Strong analytic, debugging, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Good exposure to the project planning and estimation techniques
- Should have delivered the project till go LIVE and providing the technical support post production
- Good exposure to the release management & deployment process
- Ability to handle and deliver the projects under difficult situations
- Experience with multi-asset class proprietary / vended risk analytics engines (e.g. Barclay's POINT, BarraOne, Axioma) is preferable
- Any specific experience with data management best practices, data governance, data quality controls, regional or regulatory reporting requirements is preferable
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and good experience in practicing them in the projects
- Good experience in Unix platform
- Familiar to Jazz Platforms, Microsoft Project Plan
- Familiar to database technologies