Assistant Director - Financial Engineer
Job Description We are looking for a senior financial engineer to join the India Cash Flow modeling team within the structured finance content production group.
India Cash Flow modeling team is primarily responsible for deal set up and waterfall cash flow modeling of various US securitization deal libraries (ABS, RMBS, CMBS) using our in-house proprietary modeling and updating tools.
A financial engineer in the India Cash Flow modeling team will be responsible for waterfall cash flow modeling of structured finance deals in order to increase the coverage of various US asset class libraries. You will be expected to collaborate with other financial engineers, data team, and developers from multiple locations globally in order to improve the quantity and quality of our content offerings as well as the efficiency of our business processes.
With solid understanding of the structure and cash flow feature of the securitization transactions in various asset classes, you will be expected to contribute to cross-training within the team, and expected to work closely with client support teams and asset class desks regarding client challenges, new feature developments, and analysis of new securitization products in the market.
- Develop complex cash flow projection models (including deal structure set up) for US securitization transactions using our proprietary software. In particular, you will be tasked with creating and reviewing Cash Flow (Waterfall) model for various US ABS, RMBS and CMBS transactions for external and internal clients, supporting our product and software development teams for these products.
- Lead/Participate in quality and productivity enhancement projects
- Lead/Participate modeling and updating tool development and enhancement
- Work closely with each asset class desk and client support teams regarding client challenges, new feature developments, and new securitization product analysis in the market.
- Master's degree in Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Math or related quantitative field and 6+ years' experience in the securitization field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Structured Finance field (RMBS, CMBS or ABS) is a must. Candidate must understand the fundamentals around these structure.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving abilities.
- Strong Excel skills including VBA is required.
- Experience with scripting and/or programing skills such as python, VBA, C/C++, C# is a plus.
- Experience with database query (SQL, MySQL, Postresql) .
- This position requires great attention to details and ability to work effectively in a team setting to deliver outputs accurately in timely fashion.
- Prior experience in designing/creating dashboard helpful but not required.
- Candidates will be tested on their ability to write code and problem solving skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.