State Street's Corporate Audit Division is seeking a candidate for the role of Audit Services Director, India. The candidate will be responsible for leading and managing our Audit team in India. The position requires a leader with strong relationship management and execution skills, who can successfully manage a geographically dispersed team in a dynamic corporate environment. Responsibilities include: maintaining influential relationships with audit and business management; overseeing audit projects; supervising and coaching managers, subject matter experts, and audit staff; providing for team development through mentoring, training and reviewing audit work; leading special projects; managing change initiatives; analyzing emerging issues; and reporting to senior management. Job Description
- Develop an internal audit strategy which appropriately considers the relevant and evolving risks across all activities within India. Work with Corporate Audit leaders globally to ensure appropriate region-wide coverage in accordance with the expectations of regulators.
- Advise management on matters concerning risk, controls and corporate governance and participate in related committees.
- Maintain the requisite knowledge of current trends, technical issues, and laws and regulations impacting the professional practice of internal audit and areas of audit responsibilities.
- Recruit, develop, motivate and retain audit talent within India. Manage people and projects across multiple geographies. Allocate internal resources appropriately to promote efficiency and effectiveness while achieving the plan of audit coverage. Promote training and development programs so that staff can improve their skills and grow professionally.
- Maintain collaborative and influential relationships with senior leadership within Audit and India related business operations and regulatory agencies
- Partner with management to identify and anticipate impact of a changing environment and effectively develop audit strategies to address significant risks.
- Support Corporate Audit change initiatives and department strategy
- Represent Corporate Audit at relevant legal entity and/or governance committee meetings.
- 18 -20 years + of financial services management experience, specifically in an internal audit or a risk governance function
- Experience building strong working relationships with key business partners, peers, and executives at all levels of the organization
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, to meet established deadlines, and to effectively adapt to the rapidly changing audit environment.
- Strong matrixed management skills
- Experience initiating action and managing change.
- Experience directly and indirectly managing a geographically dispersed team
- Strong Influencing skills