The main requirement for this individual is to be part of the Business Analyst team at SSgA, primarily focusing on Project work in Trading space along with Investment Compliance and Regulatory Compliance. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in Trade Life cycle of securities
- Expertize in all aspects of Requirement Gathering, Data Analysis, and Gap Analysis.
- Analyzing requirements and breaking them down into actionable functional specifications to be used by Development teams
- Converting business requirements into test cases
- Coordination across technical teams and oversee the development process
- Conducting IT testing and user testing activities
- Experience in driving large transformation/implementation project as a lead BA
- Liaise between IT and Business and drive discussions among cross functional teams
- Assuming ownership of problems and driving towards their resolution
- Project planning and communication to the stakeholders
- Bug fix verification and validation.
- Working closely with QA team to ensure their test cases / regression suite are updated
• Functional knowledge of Order management System, trading system experience
- Execution of complex software development projects involving external product vendor teams and diverse technical teams
- SQL knowledge
- Agile methodology
• A minimum of Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject is required, plus relevant experience or training in many of the main duties specified in the Job Specification.
• Demonstrable knowledge and expertise of, and exposure to, Trade Life Cycle / Order Management System preferably Charles River IMS
- Good Knowledge of Securities domain across asset classes - Equities, Fixed Income, Currency and Derivatives
- Good Knowledge on Investment Compliance / Trade Oversight
- Good Knowledge on Regulatory reporting such as MIFID, EMIR, SFTR
- Excellent communication skills
- Prowess to speak and discuss requirements and their solutions with Front office Power users such as PM and Traders
- Should have natural interest in learning new things proactively and keep updated on the regulation and industry happenings
• Demonstrable knowledge of, or exposure to, FIX connectivity and electronic trading platforms
- Financial certifications like CFA/FRM would be desirable
• Must be resourceful and able to work on their own initiative but know when to report problems, seek advice or further information.
• Must be keen and motivated a team player and a fast learner.
• Problem solving techniques - assesses a series of solutions in order to choose the most appropriate for the given problem, revaluates the progress for the chosen solution over time.
• Attention to detail - retains concentration on even the most tedious of tasks to ensure an absence of defects.
• Communication skills - can understand, and be understood, when discussing business and technical issues.
• Research skills - uses reference materials to find solutions, prompt innovation and aid personal development.