Controllers - Financial & Regulatory Assurance (SOX) _ AVP
The Financial and Regulatory Assurance group is a management assurance function in the Controller's Organization within Corporate Finance. The Financial Assurance team is responsible for the execution of the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance program across the entire organization in order to support the quarterly and annual CEO and CFO certification over internal controls over financial reporting. In order to support the SOX attestations the key functions of the group include determining the material accounts, business areas/locations, and risks required to be addressed as part of the SOX program, working with business and accounting personnel to identify controls throughout the organization that mitigate financial reporting risks, testing identified controls, and assessing the materiality of the impact of control deficiencies identified.
• Assist with enterprise-wide scoping of accounts and disclosures (includes both quantitative and qualitative considerations), SOX critical applications, spreadsheets/models, and third party service providers
• Leading and participating in SOX reviews, including assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs, developing testing strategies and performing control and sample data testing
• Drafting recommendations and liaising with the business units to remediate risks, findings and gaps identified during the validation process
• Participate in discussions with process and control owners to assess inherent risks, identify controls and control gaps, by conducting walkthroughs
• Challenge, assess and detail test the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
• Identify, document and maintain evidence supporting process and controls objectives
• Assist in the identification and risk assessment of issues and suggest control improvements to remediate exceptions identified; work with management to track issues to resolution
• Provide updates to management as needed
• Engage key business partners to facilitate completion of assigned deliverables and explain results
• Cultivating relationships across the Finance organization with key constituency groups, such as Controllers, Operations, Treasury, Technology and Risk
• Identify and drive transformation efforts to continue to enhance the functionality of the SOX Compliance Program
• Stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g., PCAOB guidance, SEC, etc.)
• Providing day to day coaching and guidance to teammates
• Communicate and coordinate with external auditors regarding execution of the SOX program to ensure maximum reliance on our work
o Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Chartered Accountant (CA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) 10-12 years of progressive auditing experience; preferably financial services and/or Big 4
o Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or candidate is a plus
o Strong knowledge of banking products and services, especially loans, deposits, securities and derivatives
o Strong understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley, and COSO, and PCAOB requirements.
o Strong understanding and appreciation of the internal control environment.
o Must be proactive and goal oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions
o Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes and analyzing impact to external reporting process and compliance.
o Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities; able to develop and convey a point of view
o Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively challenge and influence
o Strong attention to detail and accuracy
o Ability to multi-task and take on a challenging workload and assignments
o Strong team building, planning and project management skills driven by process improvements required