Data Engineer - Associate
Data Engineer Consultant
Are you passionate about data? Do you like delivering impactful analysis and driving strategic results? As a Data Engineer Consultant you will assume responsibility for developing and delivering innovative approaches to managing enterprise data for various global initiatives with a particular focus on:
- Develop, Automate, Manage and Provide Support for existing Reporting solutions developed using Alteryx and Tableau including Job Scheduling and Server admin activities
- Designing hyper-efficient and high-performing queries on Hadoop and Teradata
- Producing high-end, quantitative analysis and predictive modeling
- Providing expertise across an advanced suite of 'big data' tools
This position will interact frequently with other members of the Client Delivery Management/Client Intelligence and Continuous Improvement team in North America and EMEA. You Will:
- Manage and Provide Support for existing Reporting solutions developed using Alteryx and Tableau including Job Scheduling and Server admin activities
- Develop and Automate Data processing tasks using Alteryx, Python, etc.
- Develop and automate sophisticated queries on datasets that regularly exceed 100M rows
- Fine-tune and balance query performance and flexibility to deliver a superior end-user experience
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify trends and support immediate tactical business needs
- You should have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, other quantitative discipline, or the equivalent
- You should be passionate about analytics, and have demonstrated experience in implementing queries and analysis to drive impact and results.
- You should have Experience in ETL Tools like Alteryx to perform Data Processing tasks - Analysis, Data Cleansing, Data Transformations, Data Relationships
- You should be proficient in SQL and should have working experience with RDBMS like Oracle, Teradata or similar.
- You should have in-depth experience with Big Data initiatives such as HDFS, MapReduce, NOSQL databases like HBase ,Cassandra or similar , Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Cloudera, and/or Spark
- You should have a working knowledge of at least one of analytic languages such as Java, R, Python, Scala or SAS
- You should have experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Information Builders