Executive Director - Consumer Digital Tech Lead
As Technology Director, you will work with IT leadership to understand business strategy and their implication to application(s) under responsibility. You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews, architectural assessments and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with both Project Life Cycle Methodology and approved SDLC standards in all planning steps. You will also direct your team to adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing. Additionally, your team will need to incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
You will be accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. You will prioritize and manage development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee installations and Release Management including the final production acceptance review and signoff; manage the issue resolution process for any application production problems; and oversee Operations Monitoring and Capacity Management. You will also oversee formal performance testing process; help manage the relationship with internal and external services vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application core technologies; work with Application Developers and Business Managers to define and monitor Service Level Agreement's and negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products.
You will have a matrix reporting with local reporting into the CCB Digital India Lead and functionally into the global Digital CTO. Your primary responsibility will be to provide delivery oversight for our technology solutions vis-à-vis Business priorities, develop the location strategy for Digital India. You will be optimizing the work force to deliver solutions faster, cheaper and better. You will have VPs & Associates reporting into you who in turn will be leading their own large teams.
You will oversee their activities on a day to day basis, as applicable and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities; conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member; and promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues. Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of ~70 to successfully deliver business critical applications/projects
• Work closely with US leadership to build and deliver on business priorities & objectives
• You will be responsible for the managing the budget and continuously look for improvements to optimize costs
• Independently takes initiative in driving assignments to completion and solving problems without need for escalation
• Proactively research and develop new technologies, services, solutions, etc.
• Proactively identify gaps in all processes, procedures, monitors, alerts, designs, etc. and provide recommendations on how to resolve
• Perform regular/periodic peer/code reviews
• Work closely with business analyst, technical architects, quality assurance, and project management resources throughout delivery of solutions
• Ensure service levels are maintained for all applications and resolve production issues within agreed SLAs
• Develop business cases and bring consensus with all stake holders and take it to implementation
• Conduct periodic business reviews and drive key metrics around productivity and quality
• Address large audiences in town halls with employees Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or better in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
• 15+ years of experience in Technology organizations, including roles of influence (rather than direct span of control)
• Should have good experience in integrating with services and APIs from web front end
• Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale applications in a mission-critical production environment
• Proven experience working with and creating business strategy, process, and Quality guidelines
• Consistent interactions with Senior Business leadership
• Current with Agile development lifecycle methodology, Agile practices, technologies and languages
• A track record of winning the respect of a strongly technical developer community
• Experience / expertise with security and controls (standards, tools, and processes)
• Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Extensive experience profiling, debugging, and performance tuning complex distributed systems
• Willingness to commit extra effort to meet deadlines as required on a high profile and business critical project Preferred Skills:
• Knowledge of ADA compliant development practices
• Mobile development experience is an added advantage.
• Experience with consume banking and Trading platforms
• Experience with various software development methodologies in a large scale organization.
• Strong skills in project management methodologies and tools - Agile Training and certification a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills