Finance, US Tax, Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India Bangalore Karnataka IN
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Finance, US Tax, Associate - Bengaluru
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Bangalore U.S. Tax team consists of a team of 8 residing within the Finance Division, working with the Merchant Banking tax team. The team performs review of annual tax filings, which are filed with the Internal Revenue Service and appropriate U.S. State tax authorities. The responsibilities of the team also includes preparation of the investment and fund level tax workpapers, review of annual Investor statements; preparation & reporting of quarterly tax estimates to investors and year end taxable income computation for Merchant Banking Division (MBD) & GS investment vehicles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Assume ownership of core functions mentioned below
- Tax compliance for MBD and GS investment vehicles
- Work on the preparation & review of the investment and fund level tax workpapers
- Review of annual tax filings and Investor statements, which are filed with Internal Revenue Service and appropriate U.S. State tax authorities
- Liaise with accounting & other teams to resolve issues and manage tax information reporting
- Analysing and reviewing financial information to compute taxable income
- Working with the tax teams in New York and Dallas on ad-hoc tax projects
- Ownership of processes and controls within the team
- Driving process improvements & implementing efficient controls
- CA or MBA from reputed University with at least 3 years of US tax compliance experience(preferred)
- MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ) required
- Excellent communication and strong inter personal skills
- Motivated self-starter, inquisitive, enthusiastic with impeccable attention to detail
- Courage to challenge current practice and initiative to suggest new ways of working
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly.
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with tax laws and emerging business
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.