- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
Financial Data Analyst
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaData Analysts contribute towards the inputs to analysis needed to formulate ratings and have significant impact on the process. The Data Analyst role will initially focus on working with the on shore counterparts to understand the dataset as well as the inputs and output requirements and then help define the future state plans for centrally managing the data. As datasets come under central management the role will include ongoing data production such as entering data into databases and performing necessary adjustments/calculations to data. The data analyst will regularly have to liaise with analysts, outsourcers, and accounting specialists in order to understand the rated entities in the portfolio.
The Data Analyst team is a new and growing team whereby Data Analysts will work together to ensure timeliness of data and perform ongoing monitoring of data quality. Data analysts interact with Moody's Analysts with regards to data needed for analysis and publications. The team is responsible for learning and understanding the data requirements. In addition to regular daily responsibilities, data analysts will have the opportunity to work on new projects. The team is regularly provided with valuable training classes and interaction with analysts as part of career growth. The Data Analysts position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Post graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics is plus but other majors will be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel.
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and interpersonal skills are required to work as a team and for daily interaction with NY and London based team members
- Knowledge or prior experience of collection and processing of financial and non-financial data
- Knowledge or prior experience in insurance and/or Banking industry is a plus
- Individual must be organized, dependable, able to multi-task and manage priorities, display initiative, and have the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.