Global Accounting Operations _ Accounts Payable (German) - Emerging Lead
This position will be responsible for day-to-day AP function activities and administration, including reporting creation and customer service handling (German language) in order to provide support to the State Street organization. Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
Education and Experience:
- Collaborate with onshore and provide necessary backup/background on specific audits in relation to state tax audits
- Collaborate closely with the onshore team and Global Process Owner to understand expectations and deliverable timelines and ensure that deliverables of the team are load balanced as compared to team staffing.
- Develop the team to adopt "owner's mind set", work independently, and effectively manage timelines
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and new process improvement solutions to support the GAO AP Process Owner as needed
- Prepare reporting & analytics deliverables
- Provide support to key stakeholders of the team to present analytical results, findings
- First point of escalation within the local reporting line for dealing with issues (people/process/technology) and ensuring that compliance requirements are adhered to (e.g. company policies surrounding standard of conduct, information security, employment regulations)
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis and accounting transactions.
- May serve as a subject matter expert on accounts payable transactions.
- Participate in or manage function specific projects as needed
- Ensure completion of deliverables within the committed timeframe including assistance with development of deliverable plans, attending deliverable specific or recurring meetings between the team and the onshore team.
- Participate in cross functional project teams across the organization as an AP SME for project roll outs within departments outside of GAO
- Collaborate across AP regional teams including the Joint Venture and Poland AP functional teams, as well as Hangzhou captive site for APAC AP teams
- Complies with and completes daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, annual SOX controls, creation and tracking of issue logs for the JV, and creation of associated AP reporting
- Create reporting metrics to assist with oversight of controls
- Process accounts payable transactions
- Respond to internal and external requests including variance analysis and inquires
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects and new transactions
- Assist with the implementation of the Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation project efforts
Skills required :
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 5-7 years of progressive experience in AP areas with major financial institutions.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP desirable
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in German, prior experience of interacting with multiple stakeholders (Legal Entity and Geography controllers)
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Accounts Payable process
- Knowledge of German language essential
- Good experience of handling various AP related vendor queries/escalations via email