Global Billing Operations - Reporting _ Manager
State Street has established a Global Billing Function under Controllership, which is responsible for client billing set up and invoicing across all business lines and geographies globally at State Street. Organizationally, it combines all groups performing these activities globally, and also includes centers residing in State Street Shared Service locations in Poland, India and China. Billing Organization owns aspects of business-as-usual activities within billing areas and also drives process improvements and automation. Basic Purpose of Job:
The individual will be directly responsible for daily management of the production of accurate, consistent, and timely reporting deliverable. This individual will provide subject matter expertise in reporting and provide analytics to drive insights regarding the global billing process. The Reporting Lead will also be responsible for providing reporting that can be used to monitor and evaluate progress towards goals and team efficiency and effectiveness.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described above, this role will also be involved in process re-engineering, standardization, and automation efforts. Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- General responsibility for all reporting activities that include reporting on fee schedules, client invoices, and help desk processes
- End-to-end responsibility for a major group of the billing process: Reporting
- Drive efficiencies to build capacity and create a more agile work process. Maintain a robust control environment: process controls, process oversight and process governance responsibility
- Produce regular reporting to monitor areas of responsibility; measure progress toward goals; and evaluate productivity and team efficiency. Review and assess regularly with team members and with management
- Handle ad-hoc reporting projects
- May serve as a subject matter expert on particular reporting related issues
- Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Assist with the process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation efforts for Billing
- Responsible for ongoing process improvements
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Finance, CPA Qualified with an experience minimum of 10 to 12 years working in reporting in a global Billing function within a large financial services institution.
- Knowledge of various services and industry trends of billing methods for those services like Custody services, Sub custodian, trust services and out pocket expense billing, asset management etc.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong control environment (risk excellence, experience with SOX, RCSA controls, etc.), establishing policies, procedures and strong internal controls.
- Experience assisting with re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions Skills required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of billing systems
- Conceptual understanding of company-wide financial architecture (GL, sub-GL technology, specialized tools) applicable to the above process groups of processes
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong analytical and ability to analyze and summarize complex financial transactions
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment